Intotal Repair can help if your bathtub or shower is in good structural condition, but its surface could be improved. Our acrylic resurfacing process in Ottawa leads the market in durability and quality; it will not crack, peel or yellow over time with normal use. It is also the safest product to use, as it doesn’t have any harsh, toxic chemicals. Your bath fixture will look as good as new, at a fraction of the cost of conventional repairs.
1. We remove the old surface silicone around the edges of the base
2. We remove the entire surface finish that is currently on the shower or bathtub
3. Once all the old material is cleared off, we wash the original surface with our acid etch and chemical degreaser to remove any acid, soap or oils.
4. We thoroughly dry the tub or shower, and grind out rust and any chips.
5. We fill the chips with a quality filler, then sand and smooth the filler.
6. While waiting for the filler to harden, we mask off the tub surround and floor in order to protect the bathroom from over-spray
7. We also install 18" ventilation piping in the bathroom to vent any fumes and dust directly outside, leaving your home and bathroom clean
8. Once the filler has hardened, we remove all traces of grease and oil, then apply a chemical bonding agent. This step is often skipped by other bath repair companies.
9. We add four coats of acrylic polymer coating to give your tub or shower a brand-new, glossy, durable finish
10. We carefully remove the masking and apply a new bead of silicone
Intotal Repair provides a 5-year limited warranty with every application. Multiple repairs and resurfacings can be completed on the same day, and our product only needs 24 hours to cure. We also offer an anti-slip treatment, which can be applied to any porcelain or ceramic surface. This treatment provides the safety of a bathmat without the hassle and damage bathmats can cause to the bath fixture. Call us today to get your quote!
With Intotal Repair’s application methods, you may notice a slight odor coming from the tub itself for a couple of hours after the initial application is completed, but we remove harsh vapors and fumes while the product is being applied. Please download our Care Instructions for more information about how to care for your newly coated surface.
Bath resurfacing starts at $365.00 + HST. Extra charges may apply if the bathtub or shower has been resurfaced before. Shower base foam injections start at $225.00 + HST.